7. Universities and academic research groups
o Instituto Superior de Empresa y Moda (ISEM), in Madrid. Offers Master in Management and Communication of Fashion Companies (“Gestión y Comunicación de Empresas de Moda”).
• Research group: under development under the Fundación TecnoModa.
· Centro Superior de Diseño de Moda de Madrid, sponsored by the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid and the Madrid Chamber of Commerce
Superior de Disseny (ESDI),
and its master in management of textile and fashion companies based in
· Universidad de Vigo, Especialista en Diseño y Gestión de Productos de Confección (Graduate degree in fashion design and product management)
(see below), Italian school with presence in
· Institut Français de la Mode: Textile and Fashion Management post-graduate program
o Also: department for Economic and Prospective Studies
o For research, check Faculty and the “LVMH-ESSEC Prestige International in Luxury Brand Management Chair”
· DESS Gestion des métiers du luxe, de la mode et de l’art from the Université de Paris III – Sorbonne Nouvelle
o Research: Centre de recherche Luxe-Mode-Art
· ISTEC, Institut supérieur des Sciences, Techniques et Économie Commerciales, and its Master International du Luxe
· DESS Gestion des Industries du Luxe, Université de Marne la Vallée
· University of Fashion of Lyon (Lumière Lyon II), DESS Fashion & Creation
· Institut Supérieur Européen de la Mode (ISEM-FR, part of fashion design school ESMOD), post-baccalauréat programme
· Ecole Supérieure des Industries de la Mode, post-bac programme « Gestionnaire de Produits Industries de la Mode »
· SDA Bocconi. Master in Fashion Experience and Design Management.
o Interdisciplinary research group: Sistema Moda. The largest research body in fashion/luxury worldwide, with more than 20 researchers, established in 1991
o MBA course: Strategic Management in Fashion Companies
· Istituto Europeo di Design (IED Moda Lab): Master in Fashion Marketing and Communication; Master in Marketing for Luxury Goods. Some programs also available in Madrid and Barcelona.
o IED Centro de Ricerca: applied research unit, also offering management and design consulting to fashion companies
· Polimoda International Institute of Design and Marketing. Offering, among other programs, a Master en Fashion Merchandising and Management
o Also Doctorate in Fashion Marketing (in association with The Yorker University)
· Università degli Studi di Firenze, Master Universitario in Fashion Marketing
o Centre for Fashion Enterprise , incubador with activities in both research and consulting to new ventures
o List of research groups
· Manchester Metropolitan University, focusing on fashion and textile technology and its management. Offering Master in Clothing programme with pathways in International Fashion Marketing and Clothing Product Development.
· NY Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), undergraduate degrees and executive education in fashion, merchandising and related subjects
· Harvard Center of Textile and Apparel Research, research group active in manufacturing
· North Carolina State University, Department of Textile and Apparel, Technology & Management. Masters and Ph.D.
· The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising, undergraduate school for fashion management and related areas
· Laboratory Institute of Merchandising, undergrad in Management specializing in Fashion Merchandising, Fashion Marketing and Visual Merchandising
University Summer Program in
of Fashion Technology of
§ Also: research papers presented by faculty
· Paris Fashion Institute: intensive seminar “Insider approach to the fashion industry”
of Business Administration with a specialization in Fashion Business,
· The Swedish Textile Research Center, concentrated in researching design management
· US course database search engine FashionColleges.com